Welcome to Uganda Orthodox Church
Uganda is the first country below south of the Sahara on the African continent where the Orthodox faith germinated among the indigenous Africans in 1929. Gradually, the faith was echoed to many parts of the country from central Buganda to the East, North, West and beyond in Eastern Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi. The government of Uganda recognized the Orthodox faith in 1946. Currently, the Orthodox faith in Uganda consists of Two (2) administrative structures which include the Holy Metropolis of Kampala and all Uganda headed by His Eminence Metropolitan Jonah Lwanga and the Holy Diocese of Gulu and Eastern Uganda headed by His Grace Bishop Silvester Kisitu. The headquarters of the Orthodox Church in Uganda is located at Namungoona a suburb of the capital city Kampala (6kms on Hoima road). The clergy consists of a team of 76 priests and 5 deacons. There are over 100 communities, 41 brick and mortars churches, 17 medical clinics and one Holy Cross Orthodox Hospital.
PATRIARCH of Alexandria and All Africa THEODOROS B’, grieves over HAGIA SOFIA BEING TURNED INTO A MOSQUE by Turkey’s Erdogan.
(BREAKING NEWS) His Grace Bishop Silvester of Gulu and Eastern Uganda has been involved in an Accident!